Are you passionate about care?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Brighton, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Hassocks and the surrounding East Sussex area.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will work with our service users to ensure that they receive dedicated care and support with various daily living tasks. You will assist with personal care tasks, washing dressing, meal preparation, social integration activities in their local community and any other services needed.
Our applicants have now access to video interviewing, rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay is a flexible pay feature available through our HealthForceGo® app that allows you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your existing shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Work with Newcross!
- Flexible hours across weekday, night and weekends
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £11.78/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available in retailers nationwide
- Flexi Pay - 50% of the value of your shift
- Free ongoing training and development earned through credits as you work
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Train with us!
We offer you the opportunity to develop your skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. The topics included are Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, End of Life Care and many more.
Our local branch is located on the southeast coast of England, Newcross Healthcare's Eastbourne branch provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.