Are you looking for a vocation in a rewarding and professional setting?
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting compassionate Care Assistants to provide first-class care and support to our residents living in Cambridge, Huntingdon, Ely, Chatteris and the surrounding local towns.
This role involves:
* Supporting service users with activities such as eating, moving about or washing themselves.
* Helping to provide accurate clinical records such as blood pressure and temperature.
* Promoting a happy and independent living in line with our user's personalised care plan.
Develop your skill set with us!
Additional opportunities are available to study a wide range of free ongoing training such as Speech, Signs and Symbols, Safeguarding Adults and End of Life Care.
Our clinical courses are led by our dedicated in-house clinical trainers and supported by a network of individually selected local partners.
Why should you join us?
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We offer flexibility:
* Flexi Pay gives you the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Flexible shifts - Pick your hours to fit in around you, work as little or as much as you choose.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app
Our local team
Peterborough branch is based in Broadway Court, close to Peterborough museum and train station.
We'll provide you with video calling technology that allows you to attend your interview without leaving the house.
To apply for this opportunity:
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.