Care Assistant - Children
Interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Newcross is looking for passionate and caring healthcare workers. Does this sound like you?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Care Assistants to care for children living with complex care needs in care settings across Glasgow, Dumbarton and the surrounding areas of Dunbartonshire.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What will I receive?
- Salary of up to £13.60/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance team
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
You will be responsible for assisting with personal care, medication support, posture care, continence care, feeding and PEG care, social activities and any additional services needed to allow them to live as independently as possible.
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that children with complex care needs receive high-quality care and support at all times.
Work with us!
- Flexible full time and part time hours with weekday, night and weekend shifts available
- Perks at Work - The exclusive employee discount scheme offering 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Training programs accessed for free through credits as you work.
Flexi Pay, you will have the chance to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if you so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
What you'll need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Submit your application today and we'll be in touch!
If you have any difficulties whilst applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.