Care Assistant - Children
Do you want to change to a child's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to provide care to children living with complex care needs in a variety of care settings within Hamilton and the surrounding areas of Lanarkshire.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to children with a variety of complex care needs in various care settings. You will be responsible for assisting with personal care, posture care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, social activities and any additional services that will allow them to live as independently as possible.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Join our Newcross today!
- Flexible full time and part time hours with weekday, night and weekend shifts to choose from!
- 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide through our 'Perks at Work' scheme
- Ongoing training programs accessed for free through credits earned as you work
Flexi Pay feature!
Newcross Healthcare gives staff the exclusive opportunity to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts in the same day through our HealthForceGo® app! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £13.60/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
Do you want to develop your skill set?
We offer our heathcare staff the opportunity to broaden their existing skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Epilepsy including Buccal Midazolam, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, BSL or Makaton and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Interview via video call! Talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.