Are you passionate about making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Clacton-on-Sea, Walton-on-the-Naze, Frinton-on-Sea, Harwich and the surrounding areas.
The caring role
As a Care Assistant, you will have the opportunity to positively influence someone's life. You will provide them with assistance in completing various life enhancing tasks such as washing, toileting, clinical requirements, integration within their local communities and any other services.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Flexi Pay allows over 7500 healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts in the very same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay - Withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Why join our team?
- Flexible full time and part time hours to include weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Our Colchester branch are based at 37 Crouch Street, within walking distance of the Natural History Museum and also Colchester Town train station.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Skills & Training!
Working with Newcross allows you to develop your existing skill set and broaden your career with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. The topics covered will include Basic Life Support, Medication Support, Epilepsy, PEG and many more.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch shortly
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.