Are you looking for a career change?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Care Assistants to care and support our service users in various nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Crieff and the surrounding areas.
Why work with Newcross?
- Full time and part time hours to choose from
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers within the UK
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users with a variety of important tasks. These vary but include personal care, washing, toileting, dressing and any additional services that will allow them to live as independently as possible.
As part of this role you will also engage with our service users, their families, visitors and other residents.
Healthcare staff have the chance to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day through our HealthForceGo® app! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Free Ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We offer a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and designed to broaden your skill set. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Your new team will based in Perth, located on the banks of the River Tay, just a short walk from the city's train station.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.