Carers like you make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users in various nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Dundee and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will provide support to our service users within a variety of important life-enhancing tasks. You will assist them with toileting, dressing, washing, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services required to allow them to live as independently as possible.
You will also engage with our service users, their families, visitors and other residents as part of this role.
Healthcare staff can submit their timesheets before 5pm and enjoy having access up to 50% of the value of their shifts through our exclusive HealthForceGo® app! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.55 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets and manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Work with Newcross!
- Flexible full time and part time hours with a variety of shifts to choose from
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts to choose from high street retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Develop your skill set!
We offer our healthcare staff the exclusive opportunity to broaden their career with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of Life Care and many more.
Your local branch are based at 1 S Tay Street, just a short walk from the University of Dundee and also from Dundee train station.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.