Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals
Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for Care Assistants to help us in delivering expert care and support to our service users within Durham and the surrounds.
Our Durham Branch
Our team works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of outstanding care and support.
We are based at Aire House in Mandale Business Park, just off the A1.
In this position, you'll be assisting elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide support and companionship to our users and help them handle day-to-day self-care.
You will also communicate with families of clients to apprise them of the client's condition and progress.
Our ideal applicant is kind, patient and prepared to provide expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead.
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme - earning up to £500 per successful referral
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will also be entitled to access our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Successful candidates will also have opportunities to develop and enhance their current skill set with various free training programmes, earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
We also provide the option to study an apprenticeship, our apprentices gain NVQs and SVQs in areas which relate to their particular department, with the support of their team and our apprenticeships provider they gain a lifelong qualification.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.