Your local branch are based at 1 S Tay Street, just a short walk from the University of Dundee and also from Dundee train station.
We are looking for carers like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to provide care to our service users in various nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Angus, Forfar, Arbroath, Montrose, Brechin, Carnoustie and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will work with our service users and ensure that they receive high-quality care and support at all times. You will assist them with washing, toileting, dressing, social activities and any additional services needed for them to live as independently as possible.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay gives healthcare staff the opportunity to access up to 50% of the value of their shifts through our innovative HealthForceGo® app! Just submit your timesheets before 5pm and you could be paid within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why work with our Newcross team?
- Flexible full time and part time hours with weekday, weekend and night shifts to pick from
- Free training programs available through credits earned as you work
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers across the UK
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips easily
- 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skill and Training opportunities!
With Newcross, healthcare staff can benefit from a variety of free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, End of Life care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course)
- Access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.