Our friendly Yeovil branch are based at Telstar House, Mead Avenue - just off the A3088
Become A Member Of The Newcross Team Today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to deliver care for our service users living in Glastonbury and the surrounding areas.
About The Role
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with development and progression
- Building relationships with service users and their family members
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community and other residents
The ideal candidate will be dedicated and compassionate, who will uphold our caring philosophy with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
- Flexible hours with options to work weekend, weekday and night shifts
- Perks at Work enabling you to access 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- Free training programs covering various topics and all earned through credits as you work
At Newcross, we appreciate that last minute expenses can be stressful so we have introduced the Flexi Pay app feature. With Flexi Pay you are able to withdraw up to 50% of your wage on the same day that you worked your shift. Say goodbye to waiting for pay day to come around!
What We Offer You:
- Salary of up to £13.84 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
You Will Need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
How To Join
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you. We now give our candidates the option to do their interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed.
Begin your journey with us today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.