Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
Newcross Healthcare is currently recruiting for experienced Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users across Hexham, Stocksfield and the surroundings.
Our friendly Durham branch is based at Aire House in Mandale Business Park, near the River Wear and just off the A1.
A sensitive, caring and professional approach is required for this role in order to maintain our high quality of care and person-centred approach.
You will be working in close contact with our clients and their immediate family, so will be required to work in a sensitive and professional manner.
It is essential that you are confident and comfortable with delivering assistance with day-to-day tasks such as washing and dressing, meal times, personal care, community outings and other general activities that allow the service user to live their life the way they choose with dignity.
The Key Features
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Additionally, you will be able to benefit from:
- Flexible pay - Our new HealthForceGo app feature, Flexi Pay will allow you to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible vacancies - You'll have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours.
- Free training programmes - Newcross Healthcare deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants to develop their current skill set, earned through credits as you work.
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- Access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Apply now to find out more!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.