Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Our Exeter branch are situated at 6 Sandpiper Court, close to Pinhoe train station
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for dedicated Care Assistants to join us in delivering excellent care and support to service users living across Honiton, Seaton, Axminster, Ottery St Mary and the surrounding locations.
Your New Role
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks may include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar care role
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Referee contact details to validate your previous clinical experience
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but is not essential
- Salary of up to £14.22 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and get paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day - even on weekends and bank holidays!
Training and Development
This role will also give you great opportunities to develop your skill set with a variety of training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way