Newcross Healthcare is looking for you!
Newcross Healthcare are actively seeking experienced Care Assistants to provide the highest quality of care and support within Ivybridge, Plymstock, Modbury and the surrounding locations.
Your new role as Care Assistants:
As a Care Assistant, you will be caring for our service users, assisting with various activities that will enable them to live as independently as possible in line care with their care plan.
Some of these activities will include: Personal care, observing, monitoring and recording patient's conditions, supporting them with social activities and any other additional services required.
Join our exciting team:
Our Plymouth branch is located on the south coast and provides the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
What you'll need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
This is a full or part time vacancy, with the flexibility to work in a shift pattern that suits you and in an environment in which you are familiar. You will get access to flexible hours, minimum hour guarantee and a wide range of free training courses that will allow to evolve as a healthcare professional and progress in your career with us.
Additionally, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which will allow you to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our benefits include:
* Salary of up to £14.11/hr including holiday pay
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Perks at Work - Enjoy 30,000 discounts on the high street
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Free Ongoing training and development
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our recruitment process
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.