We are looking for carers like you to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Luton and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will provide assistance and support to our service users with a variety of life-enhancing tasks to ensure that they live their lives as independently as possible. You will assist with personal care, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay is our new and exclusive app feature that allows you to access up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why choose our team?
- Flexible hours with weekday, weekend and night shifts available
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available across high street retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Enhance your career!
Newcross Healthcare offers you the opportunity to develop your skill set with a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work.
We cover topics such as Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of Life Care and many more.
What do I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.99/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Your local Milton Keynes team is based on Bond Avenue, just off the A5 - your local team operates out of our Milton Keynes office.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.