Caring makes a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Luton and the surrounding areas.
We offer healthcare staff the opportunity to develop their skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. The topics include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG, Medication Administration, End of Life Care and many more.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users with a variety of daily living tasks. You will assist them with personal care, daily living tasks, clinical requirements, meal preparation, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay is an innovative HealthForceGo® app feature that allows you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible full time and part time hours with weekday, weekend and night shifts to choose from
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts in retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £12.99/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay - 50% of the value of your shift
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Your local Milton Keynes team is based on Bond Avenue, just off the A5 - your local team operates out of our Milton Keynes office.
Submit your application now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch
Join us today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.