As a caregiver, you have the power to change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are actively seeking experienced Care Assistants to deliver personal care and support to our service users living in March, Ely, Chatteris, Wisbech and the surrounding local towns.
We are looking for a caring professional who is prepared to provide expert support that allows our users to live the life they wish to lead in line with their care plan.
You will be helping our residents with daily activities which may include: eating, moving about, washing themselves, dressing, social activities and clinical requirements.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours across a myriad of shifts
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips easily
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts across various retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our fantastic Flexi Pay feature app provides you unmatched flexibility to choose when you get paid. Combined with digital timesheets & timecards, there is no need to wait for payday to come around.
We offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our staff always have the chance to progress in their career with us. We'll provide you with a wide range of topics to choose, such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Our Peterborough branch are located in Broadway Court, just a short distance from Peterborough Cathedral and also Peterborough train station.
Click apply to find out more:
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
We'll provide you with video calling technology that allows you to attend your interview without leaving the house.