You will join our Milton Keynes branch, this fantastic team is based on Bond Avenue, just off the A5.
Are you looking for ways to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to provide care to our service users living in Milton Keynes, Newport Pagnell, Buckingham, Chicheley, Castlethorpe and the surrounding areas.
What do I need?
As a Care Assistant, you will work with service users to ensure that they are able to live as independently as possible. You will provide assistance with various daily living tasks including personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
With Newcross, you have access to a 'same day pay' service enabling you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Develop your skill set and broaden your career with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, End of Life Care and many more.
Why work with our Newcross team?
- Flexible hours with weekday, weekend and night shifts available
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available across a variety of high street retailers
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Perks will include
- Salary of up to £12.99/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.