We are looking for people that want to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Milton Keynes, Newport Pagnell, Buckingham, Chicheley, Castlethorpe and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will provide life enhancing care to our service users with a variety of important daily living tasks and requirements. You will assist with personal care, meal preparation, washing, dressing, clinical requirements, integration activities within our local community and any additional services needed.
Flexi Pay enables our healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day through our HealthForceGo® app! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & development
Newcross Healthcare gives you the chance to broaden your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. The topics will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, End of Life Care, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.99/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay app feature available
- Perks at Work scheme
- Free training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Milton Keynes team
You will join our Milton Keynes branch, this fantastic team is based on Bond Avenue, just off the A5.
Our next steps
Submit your application now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch
Apply today!If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.