You will be working within our Newcastle branch is located at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre.
Do you take pride in giving excellent care to others?
Newcross Healthcare are looking for compassionate healthcare professionals to join our team delivering one of a kind care and support across Hexham and the surrounding areas.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
The Care Assistant role
In this role you will engage in variety of activities, such as ensuring service users are intergrating and participating in social activities and within the local community.
It will also involve giving care according to the individuals personal care plan, which includes personal hygiene, keeping accurate clinical records, and giving care in line with the Newcross values of trust, empathy and expertise.
Our unique 'same day pay' service on the HealthForceGo app, that gives employees access to the value of 50% of their shift the same day they work it. Simply submit your timesheet before 5pm and start choosing when you get paid! (Includes bank holidays and weekends)
Ongoing Training Programmes
Led by our dedicated in-house clinical trainers, Newcross offers between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants. Newcross wants to make sure you get the most out of your career and to grow, improve and expand your skillset.
Whats more, all training programmes are free with credits earnt whilst working!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Perks at Work - Employee scheme with 30,000 discounts in various retailers nationwide.
Flexible vacancies - Enjoy the flexibility of choosing your own hours alongside the security of having a permanent contact with guaranteed hours. We offer weekend, weekday, and weekend shifts with part time and full time hours!
Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
- Flexi Pay
We want you to join the team!
We give you the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our recruitment team will contact you!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.