Providing outstanding care is a rewarding experience, do want you join us?
Newcross Healthcare are looking for exceptional healthcare professionals to join our team delivering personal care and support across Hexham and the surrounding areas.
Being a Care Assistant
As a Newcross Carer, you will be responsible for offering the highest quality of care and support to our service users in a person-centred way.
Some of your daily responsibilities will include: washing, personal hygiene, dressing, helping to provide accurate clinical records and assisting with social activities.
This role requires:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Benefit with us
Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
* Perks at Work - Employee scheme with 30,000 discounts in various nationwide retailers.
* Flexi Pay - This feature will provide you with unmatched flexibility to choose when you get paid. Combined with digital timesheets & timecards, there is no need to wait for payday to come around.
* Flexible vacancies - Enjoy the flexibility of choosing your own hours alongside the security of having a permanent contact with guaranteed hours.
Join our fantastic team
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our recruitment team will contact you.
You will be working within our Newcastle branch is located at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants - Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.