Care Assistant / Support Worker
Our Norwich branch is located at 7/13 Orford Place in the city centre, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
Are you looking for a change in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants & Support Workers to care for our service users living in North Walsham, Stalham, Aylsham, Cromer, Sheringham and the surrounding areas of Norfolk.
Our Care Assistants work hard to ensure that service users receive high quality care at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will provide assistance with personal care activities, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services required.
Our Support Workers ensure that service users have access to personalised care in line with their existing personal care plans. Your assistance will be required with a variety of personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
Our HealthForceGo® app allows healthcare staff to access a 'same day pay' service and withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why choose Newcross?
- Flexible hours available covering a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts across high street retailers nationwide
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £12.25/hr including holiday pay for HCA shifts & up to £13.48/hr including holiday pay for SW shifts
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Opportunities
With Newcross, successful applicants have the opportunity to broaden their existing skill set with a range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered will vary but include Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton and many more.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.