Care Assistant / Support Worker
Looking to improve and advance in your career?
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting Care Assistants & Support Workers to deliver life-enhancing care and assistance for our service users living in North Walsham, Stalham, Aylsham, Cromer, Sheringham and the surrounding local areas of Norfolk.
As Newcross Care Assistant, you will assist elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide support and companionship to clients and help them handle day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene. The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred daily tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Advantages Of Joining
- Salary of up to £12.25/hr including holiday pay for HCA shifts & up to £13.48/hr including holiday pay for SW shifts
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What We Can Provide:
- Flexible hours available covering a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts across high street retailers nationwide
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
'Flexi Pay' App Feature
We offer Flexi Pay. Typically, most UK healthcare workers are paid weekly or monthly but with this new service, they have the option to request an advance against the completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after they've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays) Digitally submit your timesheet and you are able to access Flexi Pay to withdraw your wage.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
At Newcross we want to offer our staff every opportunity to upskill and develop in their new role. We want to invest in our staff and commit to the continual development of our team. Earn training credits as you work and exchange them to be enrolled in a variety of different free training programs.
Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Our Norwich branch is located at 7/13 Orford Place in the city centre, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
How To Continue
Don't hesitate to join our team! Submit your application by clicking 'Apply'. A member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will call you shortly after to discuss the role in further detail. We look forward to speaking to you!
Submit Your Application Today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.