Are you interested in working for one of Britain's leading healthcare providers?
Then join us!
Newcross Healthcare are searching for the best Care Assistants to provide outstanding care and support to our residents living across Northumberland and surrounding local towns.
Our local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
What will I be doing?
In the role as Care Assistant you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users to ensure each service user is able to lead a happy and full life.
You will assist in activities of everyday living by providing support and companionship to clients and helping them handle their day-to-day self care. You will also communicate with families of clients to apprise them of the client's condition and progress.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross delivers over 150 to 200 courses each month, giving them the opportunity to grow and evolve with a variety of new skills. These are free with credits earnt whilst you work, and include courses like Makaton, BSL, Safeguarding, End of Life care and many more.
We offer flexibilty with working, including weekday, weekend and weeknight shifts with part time and full time hours.
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at work - 30,000 discounts at over 80 different retailers around the UK.
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
What we require
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Our unique 'same day pay' app allows you to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
Apply and tell us why you'd be the perfect fit!
Submit your application today and expect a call from one of our lovely recruitment team.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.