Do you have a true passion for delivering life-enhancing care?
Then join us!
Newcross Healthcare are actively seeking compassionate Care Assistants to provide outstanding care and support to our residents living across Northumberland and surrounding local towns.
What to expect:
As a Care Assistant you will be assisting our service users with day-to-day activities, aiding with clinical needs and helping with their development.
In order to be successful, you will have the ability to provide expert care that ensures the needs of our service users are met at all times.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Newcross employees have the possibility of studying a wide range of free training courses that allows them to learn new skills and evolve in their role.
Each month Newcross deliver over 150 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants, providing them with clear career progression.
Our local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Our innovative Flexi Pay feature app will allow you to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
How can you join us?
Submit your application today and expect a call from one of our friendly team members.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.