Care Assistant / Support Worker
We are looking for carers like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers to care for our service users living in Swaffham, Thetford, Norwich and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will strive to provide high-quality care and support to our service users with a variety of important daily living tasks. You will assist with personal care tasks, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services required.
As a Support Worker, you will provide personalised care and support at all times to service users in line with their needs and personalised care plans. You will support them with personal care activities, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
Our HealthForceGo® app gives healthcare staff the opportunity to access up to 50% of the value of their shifts on the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop their skill set and enhance their career with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover a variety of topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, PEG, End of Life Care and many more.
Why work with us?
- Flexible hours to suit your ongoing needs
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £12.25/hr including holiday pay for HCAs and up to £13.48/hr including holiday pay for SWs
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Your local team
You will be joining our team based in Norwich, this branch is located at 7/13 Orford Place in the city centre, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.