Our Coventry branch is located at The Cobalt Centre in Middlemarch Business Park, near Arden University and Coventry Airport
Is care something you are passionate about?
Look no further! Newcross Healthcare is currently hiring experienced Care Assistants to join us in providing outstanding care and support to our service users across Nuneaton, Bedworth and the surrounding areas.
The Care Position
- Providing person-centred care and support to service users by helping them with clinical requirements, social activities and social activities.
- Helping with day-to-day tasks such as feeding, mobility, and bathing.
- Promoting independence, dignity and choice.
- Encourage social integration within the local community.
- Mentally stimulating service users by providing companionship, listening and talking.
In order to be successful in this caring role, you must be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those in your care.
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training programmes earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a similar role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
More reasons to choose us!
Take advantage of Perks at Work, our employee discount scheme, that gives you up to 30,000 discounts at 80 retailers nationwide.
Choose when you want to work with flexible hours on weekdays, weekends and nights and part-time or full-time hours.
This role will give you great opportunities to develop your skill set with a variety of training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
Our unique, 'same day pay' app feature, Flexi Pay, gives you the choice of when you get paid! Submit your timesheets by 5pm and get paid up to the value of 50% of your shift the very same day! This includes weekends and bank holidays.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Start the process today!
Submit your application and a member of our team will be in touch.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.