Our Coventry team are based at The Cobalt Centre in Middlemarch Business Park, close to Arden University and Coventry Airport
Are you interested in a career in care?
Well Newcross Healthcare are looking for supportive and compassionate Care Assistants to join our team, delivering excellent care and support to our service users within Rugby and the surroundings.
Your New Role
In the role of Care Assistant you will aid service users in basic tasks like washing, toileting, dressing, feeding, and moving around. In these duties you will ensure to respect each persons independence, choice, and dignity.
You will play an important role in each service users life, giving them companionship by listening and talking and helping them get involved in the local community.
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Specialised training programmes
- Flexible working hours
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Working for Newcross Healthcare provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, and within many different care environments.
Our same-day pay app
You will also access our unique FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you decide when you get paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and get paid up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day! This includes weekends and bank holidays.
Learning and development
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
We give you the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross Healthcare course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Join today and our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.