Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Newcross Healthcare is currently looking for compassionate Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Saltash, Plymouth, Callington and the surrounding towns.
What to expect
Working as a Newcross Care Assistant means you will be involved in ensuring all those in your care receive life-enhancing care and support that allows them to have a dignified living.
Personal care could include: dressing, washing, toileting, providing physical and mental stimulation and promoting the well-being of our residents.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Salary of up to £14.11/hr including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff.
Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Free Ongoing training and development
24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Why choose us?
You will get access to Flexi Pay, our new 'same day pay' service, which will give you the option to request an advance against the completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Newcross also offer you a fantastic opportunity to expand your skill set with our comprehensive range of free training courses, earned through credits as you work.
Speech, Signs and Symbols, Safeguarding Adults and End of Life Care are examples of excellent clinical courses you can study with us!
Our Plymouth branch is located on the south Devon coast and provides the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
If this role sounds like you:
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.