As a caregiver, you have the power to change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are currently searching to find dedicated Care Assistants to provide expert care and support to our service users living across Sidmouth, Seaton, Axminster, Ottery St Mary and the surrounding local areas.
About The Role
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with development and progression
- Building relationships with service users and their family members
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community and other residents
The ideal candidate will be dedicated and compassionate, who will uphold our caring philosophy with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What You Will Require:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a similar care role in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Our Exeter Team
The friendly team in our Exeter branch work to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of outstanding care and support. The office is based at Sandpiper Court, close to the Pinhoe train station.
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Perks Of Newcross
- Salary of up to £14.22 per hour including holiday pay
- Same day pay with Flexi Pay
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your commitments
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Get paid through our exclusive Flexi Pay feature, which allows you to access up to 50% of your pay the same day as you complete a shift, even on bank holidays and weekends. Simply digitally submit your time sheet and you can withdraw your pay when it suits you!
Train And Develop For Free
Working with us gives you unprecedented access to a broad catalogue of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover various topics and give you the opportunity to develop your current skill set.
Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
How To Proceed - Don't wait, click 'Apply' to submit an application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch.
Submit Your Application To Join The Team Today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.