Are you ready for a new care experience?
Newcross Healthcare have several flexible vacancies for Care Assistants to work full or part time hours in South Shields, Tynemouth and the surrounding local areas.
Our Care Assistants are responsible for assisting elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with their clinical need and personal care whilst providing them with companionship and empowering them to have a dignified living.
You will be helping with activities of everyday living such as washing, dressing, toileting or helping people to move around the home.
Our Flexi Pay app feature allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative HealthForceGo® app. Simply digitally sign, verify your timesheets and receive up to 50% of the value of your shift that same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
What can we offer you?
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts
Our Newcastle team
Your local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
Skills & Development
With Newcross, you'll take advantage of our many free training programmes which will enable you to gain useful knowledge and skills for your caring role, having the chance to evolve and progress in your career journey with us.
What happens after you apply?
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
You will have the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Are you interested? Then apply today!
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.