Newcross Healthcare wants you!
We are searching for dedicated and compassionate Care Assistants to give excellent care to service users living in South Tyneside and the local area.
What will I be doing?
- Giving high quality care and support to service users
- Respecting the well-being, dignity, independence and choice of all under your care
- The ability to provide excellent person-centred care
- Personal care tasks including washing, toileting, mobility, and feeding
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our local team is located in Newcastle, you will find it at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
Our unique same day pay service, Flexi Pay, gives you the opportunity to submit your timesheets by 5pm on the HealthForceGo app and choose when you get paid! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers
- Free Criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
Newcross gives flexible working hours and the choice between weekend, weeknight, and weekday shifts with the choice of part or full time hours.
Working with us, you will have the chance to expand your skill set and learn useful knowledge for your healthcare career. You will be given the chance to study a variety of courses such as Safeguarding BSL, End of Life Care, and many more (free with credits earned while you work).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Submit your application today and a member of our team will be in touch!
If you have any difficulties whilst applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.