Do you want to develop your clinical knowledge and skills?
Newcross Healthcare is looking for knowledgable and compassionate Care Assistants to join us in providing excellent care to service users living within Stratford-upon Avon, Alcester, and the surrounding locations.
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be assisting with person-centred, day-to-day tasks including providing companionship, social integration, taking pulses and temperatures, and aiding in any additional clinical requirements.
The ideal candidate will be motivated and compassionate, and will uphold our caring philosophy of trust and empathy whilst promoting the dignity, independence, and choice of our service users.
Enjoy our Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid! Get paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day when you submit your time sheets by 5pm. This includes both weekends and bank holidays.
- Salary of up to £12.47 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Ongoing training programmes
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Skills & Opportunities
- Specialised training programmes
Successful candidates will also have opportunities to develop and enhance their current skill set with various free training programmes, earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
We also provide the option to study an apprenticeship, our apprentices gain NVQs and SVQs in areas which relate to their particular department, with the support of their team and our apprenticeships provider they gain a lifelong qualification.
We also offer hundreds of office-based and clinical courses to enhance your career such as Epilepsy Awareness, Safeguarding Adults, End of Life Care and many more!
- Flexible working hours
You will have the option to work on the weekdays, weekends, and nights with both part-time and full-time hours to choose between. This way you can suit your work around your commitments!
- Perks at Work
Enjoy our employee discount scheme where you can enjoy up to 30,000 discounts at 80 different retailers UK wide.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross Healthcare course)
- You will need access to a Smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a similar role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our friendly Coventry branch are based at The Cobalt Centre in Middlemarch Business Park, near Coventry Airport.
Start your application today and a member of our team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.