Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Ongoing training and support, same day pay and flexible hours!
Newcross Healthcare are seeking talented Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles in Stevenage and the surrounding area.
As a Care Assistant, you will be providing outstanding care and support to our service users whilst building strong relationships with them and their family member.
You will also participate in cleaning activities which may include making beds and tidying communal rooms.
* Salary of up to £12.99/hr including holiday pay
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
* 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
*'Perks at Work' scheme - discounts in major UK retailers.
* Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Your new team
Our Milton Keynes branch is based on Bond Avenue, just off the A5 and supplies healthcare professionals to local care establishments up to a 30 mile radius of our office.
Training and development
Our free training courses can be earned through credits as you work and are led by our dedicated in-house clinical trainers and supported by a network of individually selected local partners.
You will be able to choose between many subjects such as Speech, Signs and Symbols, Safeguarding Adults and End of Life Care!
Fast-payment app feature
Flexi Pay gives you the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Apply now to find out more!
Submit your application today and expect a call from one of our friendly team members.
We give you the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.