Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Do you want a flexible job that suits you?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles providing care to our service users living in Stevenage and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will be working with our service users and ensure that they receive care in line with their personal care plans. Tasks that you will be assisting with include personal care, daily living activities, meal preparation, integration activities with their communities and any additional services needed.
You will have the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Flexi Pay is an exclusive app feature that allows our healthcare staff to access up to 50% of the value of their shift through our HealthForceGo® app! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible hours available with weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts to choose from
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Milton Keynes team
Our Milton Keynes branch is based on Bond Avenue, just off the A5 and supplies healthcare professionals to local care establishments up to a 30 mile radius of our office.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
- Salary of up to £12.99/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work discount scheme
- Flexi Pay app feature
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.