Care Assistant - Support Worker
Do you have a passion for care?
Newcross Healthcare are looking for experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers to provide expert care and support to service users in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Warrington, Chester and the surroundings.
Our Chester branch are based at 17 - 19 Boughton, close to Chester train station and just off the A51.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with their development
- Build strong relationships with service users, family members and encourage new friendships
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
- Any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living
Our ideal candidate will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care and with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
Our Main Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or support role in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Newcross Key Features
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr for senior shifts, or up to £12.47 for HCA shifts paid weekly including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a field team leader
This role will also give you great opportunities to develop your skill set with a variety of training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
Same day pay:
You'll also benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends!
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it much more convenient and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.