Care Assistant / Support Worker
You can change someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants & Support Workers to care for our service users living in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham and Brundall.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users with a variety of day to day tasks and activities. These can vary but will mainly include personal care tasks, clinical needs or requirements, social integration activities and any other additional services needed or required.
As a Support Worker, you will deliver personalised care at all times and ensure that our service users receive assistance and support with various tasks. These can vary but will primarily include personal care tasks, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
Our ideal applicants will have previous experience of providing care to our service users living with mental health and challenging behaviour.
What is Flexi Pay?
With Newcross, you have access to up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day through our exclusive Flexi Pay app feature! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Work with us!
- Flexible hours to suit your existing needs
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available across a variety of high street retailers
You will find our Norwich branch at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. Our first branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across the wider area of Norfolk.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £12.25/hr including holiday pay for HCA shifts and up to £13.48/hr including holiday pay for SW shifts
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Enhance your career with us!
We provide our healthcare staff with the opportunity to broaden their skill set with a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Medication Administration, Safeguarding Adults, PEG, Epilepsy, Basic Life Support and many more.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.