Care Assistant / Support Worker
Make A Positive Difference To Someone's Life Today!
Newcross Healthcare is hiring seasoned Care Assistants & Support Workers to join us in delivering life-enhancing care for our service users living in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham and Brundall.
As a Care Assistant, you will be providing expert care and support to our service users, promoting their well-being and empowering them to have the best quality of life in line with their care plan. Tasks can vary but will mainly include personal care tasks, clinical needs or requirements, social integration activities and any other additional services needed or required.
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred daily tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Our ideal applicants will have previous experience of providing care to our service users living with mental health and challenging behaviour.
Flexibility Of Hours
All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income. We offer the flexibility to choose your own hours so you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
We Offer Same Day Pay
At Newcross, we appreciate that last minute expenses can be stressful so we have introduced the Flexi Pay app feature. With Flexi Pay you are able to withdraw up to 50% of your wage on the same day that you worked your shift. Say goodbye to waiting for pay day to come around!
The Local Team
You will find our Norwich branch at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. Our first branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across the wider area of Norfolk.
Ongoing Free Training
At Newcross we want to offer our staff every opportunity to up-skill and develop in their new role. We want to invest in our staff and commit to the continual development of our team. Earn training credits as you work and exchange them to be enrolled in a variety of different free training programs.
Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
This Role Requires:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
What Do We Provide?
- Salary of up to £12.25/hr including holiday pay for HCA shifts and up to £13.48/hr including holiday pay for SW shifts
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
How To Join
To begin your career with Newcross today, simply click 'Apply' to submit your online application. A member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will call you to discuss the role further. We look forward to speaking to you!
Submit Your Application Today!
If you have any difficulties whilst applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.