Our Taunton branch is based in Staplegrove Road, just a short distance from Taunton train station and also The Museum of Somerset at Taunton Castle.
Join us today and make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Taunton, Langport, Wellington, Ilminster, Somerton and the surrounding locations.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for caring and supporting our service users in line with their personal care plans. You will assist with personal care, daily living activities, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
This new and exclusive app feature enables our healthcare staff to access up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible full time and part time hours available with the choice of weekend, night and weekday shifts
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts in high street retailers within the UK
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar care role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Referee contacts to validate your clinical experience
- Access to a smart phone/device, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Salary of up to £13.84 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free ongoing training programmes earned through credits as you work
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.