Join Newcross and make a difference!
As a Care Assistant in Taunton, Langport, Wellington, Ilminster, Somerton and the surroundings, you'll be a key team member, working with supportive health and social care workers to aid our service users with clinical needs, personal care, eating and drinking, social activities and any additional services that are required. This is a varied role and you'll have plenty of opportunities for specialised training and career progression.
- A competitive remuneration of £13.19 per hour, including holiday pay
- Get paid as soon as you finish a shift with instant Flexi Pay
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Select shifts to suit your lifestyle through our app, with part-time, full-time, night and day shifts available
- Access to Newcross World, the new immersive learning experience where you can manage skills, learn new ones and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Access to NHS registered GPs with virtual appointments and mental health support
Have the exclusive option to immediately withdraw up to 50% of the value of your existing shift, as and when you need it (even on weekends and bank holidays). All managed through our handy app, HealthForceGo®.
You'll be confident in your abilities as a carer and be ready to get stuck in. You need at least 3 months of paid experience within the past 3 years in the UK and the right to live and work in the UK. Past experience of moving and handling and personal care is a requirement.
You will need access to a smart device with an internet connection to pick up shifts and submit timesheets through our app, HealthForceGo®. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial but is not a requirement.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.