Looking to improve and advance in your career?
With Newcross you will have the opportunity of improving the quality of our clients lives across Tavistock, Callington, Launceston and the surrounding local towns.
The caring role
We are looking for outstanding Care Assistants that will promote the well-being and quality of life of each patient they care for whilst helping them with their day-to-day activities.
Our ideal candidate will be a dedicated healthcare professional who have the ability of providing excellent care and support in a person-centred way.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Skills & Development
With us, you will be able to broaden your skill set with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These can include: Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
You will also have the chance to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Your new team
Our branch is based on the south Devon coast and allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
What's in it for you?
* Salary of up to £14.11/hr including holiday pay
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
* 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
* Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff.
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
* Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
With our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What happens after you apply?
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now to find out more!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way