Do you have the skills and experience for our new role?
Newcross are currently looking for qualified Care Assistants to provide excellent care and support to our users living in Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside, Tyne and Wear and the surrounds.
As a Care Assistant, you will be delivering person-centred care and support to our residents, encouraging their well-being and independence in line with their personalised care plan.
Our ideal candidate will be able to uphold our philosophy of care with every service user.
Why choose us?
* Full or part time hours to fit around your needs, having a flexible income alongside the comfort of a healthy work-life balance.
* Flexi Pay gives you the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
* Perks at Work, which provides 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- An employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts at 80 high street retailers
Our lovely team
Our local branch is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
Learn with us
We also provide exceptional training programmes so our employees can improve their skills and grow in their healthcare career! Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
Start your application today!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.