Our friendly branch is located at Crouch Street, just a short distance from Colchester Town train station and the Natural History Museum.
Are you looking for ways to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Witham and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that service users receive high-quality care and support in line with their personal care plans. These tasks will vary but include personal care activities, making beds, serving meals, clinical requirements and encouraging service users to integrate within their local communities.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Newcross gives you exclusive access to wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These will allow you to enhance your career and will cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults, Medication Administration and many more.
Our HealthForceGo® app allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the very same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay feature
- Perks at Work scheme
Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Work with us!
Enjoy having the opportunity to benefit from flexible full time and part time hours to suit you, a Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available within high street retailers nationwide and access a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work.
What will I require?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Previous experience for at least 3 months in a similar care role
- Referees that can attest to your employment for the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross Healthcare course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What are my next steps?
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch soon.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.