Do you want to become a part of something bigger?
Newcross are a well-established nationwide healthcare provider and we are looking for new Support Workers to help us to deliver outstanding support and care across Wrexham, Llangollen and the surrounding local areas.
We look for those who value our three core principles: trust, empathy and expertise. Does this sound like you?
What will I do?
As a Support Worker, you will be helping our service users with the development of new skills, supporting the development of daily living activities and encouraging integration and participation within the local community.
Our successful candidates will be compassionate and supportive individuals with a strong desire to achieve the best possible outcomes on every shift.
It is highly desirable that you have previous experience in working with homeless people, former substance users, vulnerable people and people that have challenging behaviour.
We offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people; we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. Earn training credits to use on these courses with every hour you work!
You'll have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours. This will provide you with the security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage your work-life schedule.
Would you like to be in control of when you get paid? With the new Flexi Pay feature of our app you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr including holiday pay
- Same day pay with our Flexi Pay app feature
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Employee 'Perks at Work' scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a field team leader
Our friendly Chester branch are situated at 17 - 19 Boughton, just a short distance from Chester train station. Our applicants also now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or support role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your payslips, rotas and timesheets on our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
How to join us...
Click 'Apply' below to submit your application and a member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will call you shortly after to discuss the role further.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.