Care Assistant - Children
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
At Newcross, we are actively recruiting a dedicated Care Assistant to join our health and social care team in Bridgwater. In this role, you'll be required to deliver the highest standard of care in the homes of children living with complex healthcare needs. You'll be aiding them with personal care, clinical needs, management of epilepsy, PEG care and medication support.
Shift patterns: night shifts include 22:00-07:00, and day shifts include 08:30-15:30 (Monday to Friday).
Why join Newcross?
- An hourly rate of up to £16.59, including holiday pay
- Get paid as soon as you finish a shift with instant Flexi Pay
- Fixed hours on a rota basis so you can plan ahead
- Access to Newcross World, a new world of learning, to manage skills, learn new ones and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Access to virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and mental health support
- Free DBS and uniform
No more waiting around for payday! With Flexi Pay, you can instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts when you submit your timesheets via our bespoke app, HealthForceGo. Weekends and bank holidays are included!
We require all complex care workers to have around 3 months of experience in a professional care setting or caring for a loved one. A valid certificate in Moving and Handling is required (although we can provide relevant training during the induction process). You'll need to be a real people person and always be willing to go the extra mile to ensure the best possible outcomes are met. Access to your own vehicle is desirable, and the right to work in the UK is a must.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.