Care Assistant - Children
Do you want to join a team that makes a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to cover waking night shifts providing care to children living with complex care needs in their own homes within Telford, Bridgnorth and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide high-quality care and support to children with a variety complex care needs. You will assist them with personal care, feeding and PEG care, meal preparation, medication support, social integration activities and any additional services needed to ensure that service users live as independently as possible.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why join our Newcross team?
Choose our team and take advantage of a minimum hours guarantee as part of our contracts, set rotas organised in advance to suit your ongoing needs and requirements whilst also getting access to a broad catalogue of free training programs earned through credits as you work.
This new and exclusive app feature allows our healthcare staff to receive up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £16.79/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 30,000 discounts within high street retailers in the UK
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Newcross Healthcare Shrewsbury is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Join us today and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.