Care Assistant - Children
Your local branch is located at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
Make a difference to a baby's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for a baby living with complex care needs in his own home in Portsmouth.
This position has night and day shifts available.
We have opportunities available for staff to enhance their career with courses earned through credits as you work and covering a variety of topics such as Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of Life care, PEG, Medication Administration and many more.
You could work towards obtaining various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in different subjects and levels.
This new and exclusive HealthForceGo® app enables healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Care Assistant, you will provide dedicated care and support to a baby living with complex care needs. You will assist with personal care, medication support, posture care, clinical requirements and any additional services required to ensure that he is able to live as independently as possible.
You will need to have previous experience of caring for children with complex care needs.
- Salary of up to £15.69/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Organised rotas set in advance to suit your ongoing commitments
- Minimum hours guarantee available
- 30,000 discounts in retailers nationwide
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone/device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Submit your application and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.