Care Assistant - Personal Home Carer
Change a child's life today.
As a Care Assistant in Woking, Hersham and the surrounds, you will work with children with complex care needs in the comfort of their own home. You will work alongside a group of health and social care workers and your main duties willl include aiding with personal care tasks, epilepsy, feeding and PEG care and any other services needed. You will be required to monitor our service users during the night.
Without you, these young children would not have the chance to live their life at home with their family.
Please note: You will be working waking nights, Monday - Sunday.
We're looking for people who have at least 3 months paid professional experience care or have cared for a loved one. You'll need a valid certificate in Moving and Handling and the right to work in the UK. On top of experience, we expect all of our carers to be able to tell us of a time they have exhibited our core values of: positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness. You'll need to live by these values whenever you're at work. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not a requirement.
Perks at work
- A competitive pay package of £17.67 per hour, including holiday pay
- The ability to choose when you get paid with our instant Flexi Pay service
- Free DBS and uniform
- Fixed hours, determined by a rota so that you can plan your free time ahead
- Access to Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt