Care Assistant - Children
Our local Shrewsbury branch is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
We want carers like you to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to cover day shifts caring for service users living with complex care needs in their own homes within Shrewsbury, Whitchurch and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will be providing care to children living with complex care needs and assisting them with various important tasks. These can vary but include personal care, feeding and peg care, clinical requirements, medication support, posture care, social integration activities and any additional services required.
What is Flexi Pay?
Our exclusive Flexi Pay app feature allows our healthcare staff to decide when they want to get paid! By simply submitting your timesheets before 5pm, you can access up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
With us, healthcare staff benefit from a minimum hours guarantee as part of their contracts giving them the security of a steady income, organised rotas set in advance to suit your commitments and free tailored training programs earned through credits as you work.
- Salary of up to £15.96/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within retailers nationwide
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!