Care Assistant - Children
We are looking for carers like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to cover night shifts caring for children with complex care needs living in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham, Brundall and the surrounding areas.
This role is to cover nights 3 to 4 times per week.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide high-quality care to children with complex care needs living in their own homes. You will support with personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, social activities, meal preparation and any additional services that will allow service users to live as independently as possible.
It is essential that you have previous paediatric experience with NG feeding and medication via NG tube.
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Minimum hours guarantee
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
With Flexi Pay, healthcare staff have the opportunity to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts with the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
We provide healthcare staff with the chance to develop their skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These topics will include Basic Life Support, PEG, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.