Care Assistant - Children
Change someone's life with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to cover waking night shifts caring for children with complex care needs in Plymouth and the surrounding areas.
We offer a two week set rota as part of this position.
Same day pay service!
Flexi Pay is our new 'same day pay service' that allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Care Assistant, you will provide excellent care to children with complex care needs living in their own homes. You will be supporting with personal care, medication support, meal preparation, posture care, social activities and any additional services needed to allow them to live as independently as possible.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- Salary of up to £15.43/hr including holiday pay
- Support from a clinical supporting team
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Permanent contract with a minimum hours guarantee
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Discounts available within high street retailers in the UK
Skills & Development
We offer healthcare staff the chance to develop their skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and various topics covered. These include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Our Plymouth team is based on the south Devon coast and provides the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- You will need a valid practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or a willingness to book on to a course with Newcross
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.